Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Circle of a Woman's Reach

Words and Music by Deborah F. Hamilton, copyright 1979, in a book by the same title. This music is currently out of print and so I have included it here. However, it may only be used for personal use or for worship services and may not be mass produced or used in anyway that would infringe upon upon the author's and her rights. This may absolutely not be sold for profit.




Update:

Dear Allyson,

You have a very lovely website. I happened on one particular song.... See below. I know you mentioned that this music, although copyrighted, can be copied for personal use as it is “out of print”. 

According to publishers, The copyright owner still needs to be contacted and compensated for their work (per Hal Leonard).  

As we need the spirit to accompany our singing…I advise (hopefully, not unwelcomed), against posting, unless you have written permission from Deborah Hamilton. Some people are constantly tempted to justify copying music, when it’s simple enough to ask permission.



The gal that is hunting for this music is going to purchase it off of Amazon.com. For me, I'm trying to teach my groups about respecting our fellow musicians and asking permission.:-)

Thanks!!



Deb




No comments:

Post a Comment